Ever felt stuck while in the middle of a very intense DIY project? Have you ever experienced creative block at a moment where your creative powers were desperately needed?
Have you ever had to scour the internet for hours and hours on end just to find that perfect recipe for a holiday dinner? If so, then you will definitely appreciate Pinterest!
It’s the social network that always comes to our rescue whenever we feel stuck, are experiencing creative block or just need a spark of inspiration to get a project going. Pinterest is a visual discovery engine that helps people share ideas through boards of images and videos called ‘’Pins’’. Given that most people today prefer to learn about a product or service using visuals, it’s no surprise that Pinterest maintains a base of about 459 million active monthly users.
Unlike other social media platforms where people scroll through endless pages of gossip or fake news, on Pinterest, you’re sure to find ideas and thoughts that resonate with your beliefs and aspirations. Leveraging the platform gives creators a unique, impactful way to share their causes and encourage people to support them.
MAKING MONEY ON PINTEREST
Just like every other platform that is heavy on content creation, there are two sides to the Pinterest game. You’re either the creator cranking out content on a regular basis or you’re the person consuming it. There’s nothing wrong with doing both. However, if you’re reading this post, then I think it’s safe to guess that you lean towards the former and if you’re not, then you definitely should.
That being said, we advise you to create a business account instead of a personal one as it gives you access to additional tools and audience insights that can help you properly analyze your audience and use that data to drive heavy traffic to your website.
Rather than social media, Pinterest is more like a search engine where users look for inspiration and solutions to their problems. If you want to make good money on Pinterest, you need to think about how to convert your followers, monetize them and convert your passion into income. And there is no better strategy to building an audience than constantly providing high-quality content. Once you’ve got that covered, here are a few ideas on what you can do to monetize your account.
- Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate Marketing presents an opportunity for every creator to earn a living without ever having to make their own products or run an e-commerce shop. All you have to do is share a unique tracked link and claim your commission when someone clicks through to make a purchase.
- Become a Consultant on Pinterest: Let’s say you have a very niche-focused page on Pinterest. The niche could be anything from painting to cooking. Once you are able to consistently share great content and prove your expertise, you could then set up consultation sessions with any of your followers who might want to learn from you or work closely with you and charge them on a per-hour basis.
- Selling goods and services: Once you’ve got great and relatable content, you can easily build a brand that portrays what you stand for. You can then leverage that brand to sell your services or your own branded products. For eg. If you have a page that focuses on home remodelling, you can easily get any of your followers hiring you to handle their home remodelling projects. But then comes the million-dollar question. How do you collect the money?
It’s quite simple actually, especially with the help of PeachPay
All you have to do is link your Pay me page to your bio on Pinterest. This gives your audience a faster way to make transactions.Here’s how to go about it.
LINKING YOUR PEACH PAY ACCOUNT TO YOUR PINTEREST PAGE
1. Copy your PeachPay URL
2. Go to your Pinterest profile and get to your settings (the gear icon at the top right corner of the page) and click on Edit profile.
3. Paste your PeachPay URL into the “website” field.
4. Click on done (After this, your PeachPay link will now be viewable in your Pinterest bio)
The internet is no longer what it used to be. As a Creator, you don’t have to struggle to generate income – there are so many solutions on the rise and much easier methods of earning, sending and receiving money.
By Leveraging platforms like Pinterest using the various methods mentioned above and more, you can explode your finances and make lots of extra money on the side.