If you’re a very observant person, by now you’d have probably noticed these iconic weird black and white squares popping up everywhere.
QR codes – also referred to as Quick-Response Codes – are two-dimensional codes that a user can scan with the camera on their smartphone or with QR-code reader apps in order to access a website or other destination. In 2016, a whopping $1.65 trillion of transactions were conducted in China through QR Codes alone and a recent survey by Statista estimated that 11 million households in the United States of America scanned a QR code in 2020.
This definitely shows that people are quickly adopting this innovative method of making payments but what accounts for the sudden surge in the popularity of QR Codes?
Below is a list of reasons why most people prefer to scan a QR Code.
ADVANTAGES OF USING QR CODES
- Making payments using QR codes is extremely fast as compared to other modes of payment.
- Any data which is transferred using QR codes is encrypted thus making all payments fully secure.
- The design of black boxes consists of exclusive data which enhances the reliability of QR code payments.
- It is very easy to set up QR Code Payments. You don’t need a whole set of tools. You’ll only require a smartphone or computer with a camera and a QR code generator.
There are so many online resources out there that can be used to generate QR codes. In fact, we’ve put together a list of our top 5 Free Online QR Code Generators. Feel free to check any of them out
In fact, here is how you can create a QR Code for your very own Pay me Page using The QR Code Generator
HOW TO CREATE A QR CODE FOR YOUR PeachPay PAY ME PAGE
- Go to your PeachPay Pay Me page and copy your URL
- Go to www.the-qrcode-generator.com
- Paste your URL
- Click on Save
- Proceed to download your QR Code
INTEGRATING YOUR QR CODE INTO YOUR CONTENT
Now that you’ve got your QR code, here are a few ideas on how you can use them in your content
- You can add the code as an annotation on your social media content i.e. YouTube, Facebook and Instagram videos or even on your live streams.
- You can also include the code in email messages to your followers
- You could add the QR code at the end of an offer on your website, making payments and donations even faster.
- If you have your own app, for your business or for a game you created or even an app for your content, you could incorporate it there as well.
If you’re worried about the aesthetics of your content, worry no more. There are many ways to present the code attractively -frame it, add a color palette, round out the sharp edges and you’re good to go. Simple, isn’t it?